Recently acquired data disproves this theory, Lapis is a Former Crystal Gem. We appreciate the attempt.
|Lapis is a Former Crystal Gem|
|Date of Publication||May 28, 2015|
|Next||Steven's Way of Shapeshifting|
This is an original theory of mine, about Lapis being a former member of the Crystal Gems. I know that most of you will disagree in this theory but there's few evidences that support this theory. Still, Lapis' origin is still unknown. This theory might be silly or the evidences don't make sense but this is just a theory. For me, the possibility of this theory is 50/50.
We all know that Lapis was trapped in the mirror, but the reason why she was trapped there in the first place is still unknown.
- Lapis Lazuli: "You three knew I was in there, and you didn't do anything. Did you even wonder who I used to be?!"
- Headcanon: Lapis might of been dying in the battle, but her fellow members didn't help her. She might think that the CG care more about the Earth than their own kind. And she might also think that CG did not know her that she is a member of CG.
- Lapis might be mad to the Crystal Gems after the events happened mentioned above, which is why she doesn't trust the Crystal Gems anymore.
- Lapis is like Pearl, wanted to go to space. But unlike Pearl, Lapis wanted to go home, which Pearl only wants to go to space again.
- Holo-Rose: "I'm going to stay and fight for this planet. You don't have to do this with me."
Holo-Rose: I know you do. Please, please understand if we lose, we'll be killed, and if we win, we can never go home.
- *Lapis might thought that if they (CG) won the war, they could go back home. But based on what Rose said (see above), this might anger her so she quit the CG.
- The Crystal Gems don't have a star on their uniforms as shown in "Story for Steven".
This theory was disproved in the episode "Same Old World" where Lapis states that she never was a Crystal Gem.