That was Rainbow Quartz, Pearl thought it might give your video a little something extra.
|—Rose to Greg - "We Need to Talk"|
"We Need to Talk"
What Can I Do
Rainbow Quartz has long, voluminous blonde hair with dark-pink streaks throughout. She is roughly the same height as the fusion gem Opal, and has a slightly similar build, only being heavier and shorter. Unlike Opal, Rainbow Quartz has two sets of eyes and only one pair of arms. The top pair of eyes are colored sky-blue, like Pearl's, while the bottom pair are black, like Rose Quartz's. She has Pearl's pointy nose but the nostrils are more similar to Rose's. She has two lilac colored gems located where Pearl's and Rose Quartz's gems are located; on her forehead and stomach respectively.
She wears a sleeveless full body leotard with the body colored white, and the leg region is colored purple. There is a stylized four pointed star, with the left and right arms of the star are bent upwards, cut out on her stomach area of the leotard. She also has a loose white diaphanous long sleeved shirt worn over her body. Her outfit comprises of no footwear but instead has long pink leg warmers that cover half of her lower legs and and half of her feet.
- Rainbow Quartz is the third fusion with only one set of arms, the other two being Garnet and Stevonnie.
- This is Rose's first fusion shown on the show.
- However this is the second time her gem has been used to fuse in an episode. The first time fusing with Connie to become Stevonnie in "Alone Together".
- This is Pearl's third fusion on the show, the first being Opal and the second being Alexandrite.
- She has the shortest airtime of any character in the show, only being present 26 seconds.
- This is the fourth fusion with multiple eyes, the first being Garnet, then Sugilite and Malachite.
- She is the first known fusion not to have visible pupils.
- Rainbow Quartz, along with Lapis Lazuli, Alexandrite, Peridot, Ruby, Sapphire, Stevonnie, and Malachite have not summoned their weapon.
- She is the fourth Fusion Gem whose weapon has not been shown on-screen, the first being Alexandrite, the second being Malachite, and the third being Stevonnie.
- Rainbow Quartz is the only fusion whom has not talked in the show, with the exception of the Cluster.
- However, the Cluster did moan and scream a few times.
- She is the fifth Fusion Gem seen fusing on-screen, after Sugilite, Stevonnie, Garnet, and Malachite.
- She is the first fusion to have highlights in her hair. (Blonde with dark-pink highlights.)
- Her outfit closely resembles a 80's-90's dancing/workout outfit.
- She was the first fusion to un-fuse of her own will. Others being damaged (Sugilite), broken (Garnet), or fallen out of sync (Opal, Alexandrite and, in one case, Stevonnie).
- Rainbow Quartz is shown to be very flexible, a trait she gets from Pearl.
- She is the first fusion involving Pearl that does not share Pearl's exact nose.
- The term "rainbow quartz" can refer to two different types of gemstones:
- Iris quartz, sometimes also marketed under the name "rainbow Quartz" or "anandalite", is a quartz crystal displaying internal spectral colors under some of the crystal faces.
- Metal-coated quartz, which is artificial, has a metallic rainbow coloration on the surface, and is created by applying a microscopic layer of metal (typically titanium) to a heated quartz crystal via vapor deposition.
- Rainbow quartz are associated with hope and optimism.
- Quartz gemstones are very durable and hard.
- Rainbow quartz is not a traditional birthstone.
- Angel aura quartz is actually the technical name for Rainbow Quartz.
|Pearl's gemstone on Rainbow Quartz; it is smooth and does not have any facets, however it has a middle ring, as revealed in "Steven the Sword Fighter".||"We Need to Talk"|
|Rose Quartz's gemstone on Rainbow Quartz; it has a pentagonal facet.|