Yellow iris with a diamond shaped pupil
I don't care about potential and resources. I want my cluster, and I want that planet to die.
Yellow Diamond is a character who was first mentioned by Jasper in "The Return" and first shown in the extended theme song.
Yellow Diamond, as one of the rulers of Homeworld, is of a massive size, her height making a common pearl's pale in comparison. She has a pointed, upturned nose and plump lips. Yellow Diamond also has an unusually long neck. Her hair is a short bob with two spiked tips. She has black eyebrows as well, and black markings around both her eyes. She also has diamond shaped pupils. She is tall and slender, and her gemstone is located on her chest.
In Message Received, she wears a black and olive bodysuit similar to the ones worn by Jasper, Peridot and Garnet, as well as a yellow coat with very large shoulder pads and a cutout for her gemstone. She also wears gloves of a slightly darker yellow and very dark olive yellow boots.
Yellow Diamond, like most Homeworld Gems, is shown to care little for the Earth and organic life. As shown in her debut, she is cold, ruthless and cruel. She states that she would get great satisfaction to see the Earth destroyed. When Peridot contacted her, she was annoyed by her multiple failures and cared only about bringing her back to Homeworld so she could continue her other assignments.
In "Message Received", she is shown to be an extremely arrogant tyrant who shows little-to-no concern for non-Gem worlds and only cares about things that matter to her. More so, she seems to have a temper as she appeared to be furious when Peridot referred to her as a "clod".
She seems to detest organic lifeforms, and she has a rather strong hatred for the Earth, most likely due to the success of the rebellion.
"What do you know about the Earth?!"
|—Yellow Diamond and Peridot, "Message Received"|
In "The Return", when Jasper mentioned Yellow Diamond, not only Lapis Lazuli winced, but Peridot showed fear as well. A silhouette of Yellow Diamond can also be seen alongside Jasper and Peridot in the extended theme "We are the Crystal Gems".
In "Cry for Help", Peridot sends out a distress signal using the Communication Hub in hopes that Yellow Diamond would send help. However, in "Catch and Release", Peridot claims that she had received no response from her.
In "Message Received", Peridot is shown gushing over how 'perfect' she thinks Yellow Diamond is. Peridot states that she is very loyal towards her, as Yellow Diamond is her leader. Later in the episode, Peridot uses a communicator that she took from the Gem Moon Base to communicate with Yellow Diamond. Throughout their conversation, Yellow Diamond appears to be incredibly annoyed by Peridot, calling her out on what it is that she has failed to do. Peridot is able to wave this off, in hope of trying to convince her to terminate The Cluster. After Yellow Diamond refuses, Peridot insults her by calling her a clod and claiming there are things worth protecting on Earth, resulting in Yellow Diamond angrily detonating the communicator Peridot was using. Because of this, she became a traitor to her own kind, therefore making her a Crystal Gem.
Jasper and Yellow Diamond's relationship is currently unknown. In "The Return" she states "Yellow Diamond needs to see this" after witnessing Steven using his mother's shield. Jasper is a member of Yellow Diamond's court, wearing the yellow diamond emblem on her outfit. However, in "Message Received," Yellow Diamond is shown to be more concerned with the ship Peridot and Jasper arrived in, suggesting that she views Jasper simply as "a Jasper".
Yellow Diamond's Pearl
Due to Yellow Diamond being one of the members of The Great Diamond Authority, she owns a Pearl. Yellow Diamond's Pearl has a grin on her face when Yellow Diamond is talking to Peridot, indicating that she is proud of serving her. When Peridot insults Yellow Diamond, Yellow Diamond's Pearl is visibly shocked.
- Both Peridot and Jasper's outfits feature a yellow diamond. Whether the diamonds are meaningful or not is unknown.
- The flare that Peridot's Escape Pod used was called "Yellow Diamond Flare Signal".
- Steven Sugar recreated the scene where Yellow Diamond turns her head in "We are the Crystal Gems".
- Diamond is the official modern birthstone for April, and it is also used as an official sixty year anniversary gemstone.
- Yellow diamonds are considered one of the true birthstones for Virgo.
- Diamonds are the stone of truth and victory.
- It is associated with lightning and fearlessness, and for its properties of protection.
- The diamond, in its rarity and beauty, is a symbol of purity and innocence, of love and fidelity, and embraces strength of character, ethics, and faithfulness to oneself and others.
- Diamond is the transparent, gemstone-quality crystalline form of carbon and it is indeed one of the hardest known natural substances on Earth.
- Diamonds' hardness is the result of extremely strong chemical bonds between the carbon atoms.
- There is no other gemstone in the same family as diamond, although there are a variety of very similar gemstones.
- Diamond is pure carbon and is chemically the same as graphite.
- Although traditional colorless or "white diamonds" are by far the most popular colored diamonds, yellow and brown diamonds are actually the most commonly occurring diamonds.
- Yellow diamonds are used for industrial purposes, such as concrete saws, because of how common they are.
- Other diamond colors include pink, red, orange, blue, green, gray and black.
- Specific colors will trade under specific names.
- Brown and yellow diamonds are often referred to as "champagne" or "cognac" diamonds.
- Diamond deposits are found worldwide. The most notable being Africa, Australia and India.
- Approximately half of the world's diamonds come from Central and Southern Africa.
- Canada has recently become a main commercial source for fine white diamonds.
- In the episode "Serious Steven", a scripture of Rose and Yellow Diamond can be seen on the temple walls.
- During the episode "Sworn to the Sword", a statue of Yellow Diamond to the left corner and her weapon can be seen at the beginning of the song "Do It For Her", Her hair matches the statue. Her weapon appears to be a saber.
- Is speculated that a yellow diamond-shaped object which appears in StevenBomb 4 short is related to Yellow Diamond.
- ISG's Yellow Diamond Theory
- Homeworld Symbol Theory
- Stevonnie Will Be Forced to Duel Yellow Diamond
- Green Diamond will appear